Monday, October 5, 2009

A New Breakfast

I am trying out a couple of different food magazines, in order to prepare for the death of Gourmet Magazine (R.I.P).  Anyway, I picked up an issue of Food & Wine (not bad, but I think I'm going with Saveur) and found an interesting recipe for Risotto for Breakfast by Joe Bastianich.  I always thought of Joe as the whipped fat befuddled son of Lidia on her PBS show, but I guess he's got a couple of things going for him - being a sommelier, teaming up with Mario Batali, writing about cereal in Food & Wine... pretty impressive.

So he used soymilk and figs, neither of which I had, so I used regular milk and apples. I really liked it! So much that I might add it to my usual weekday breakfast repertoire.  And it got me thinking about expanding my hot cereal horizons, so I picked up grits at the grocery store too.   


2 comments: