Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Family Fun in North Carolina!

These are some old pictures from our family trip to North Carolina. We had a very nice meal at the Blue Point, in Duck. Delicious scallops.

The first picture is of my brother in front of a restaurant on Ocracoke Island called Thai Moon. Its run by a couple- he ran the front, and she cooked. She's from Thailand, and seems passionate about her food because it was some of the best Thai food I have ever eaten. It's a hole in the wall- literally a window that you walk up to. The husband who runs the front is an ex merchant mariner and quite the conversationalist. When you look into the kitchen, there are little Thai decorations everywhere, and she's in the back, putting everything together. They were boasted that their sanitation score was 100- I recognized this achievement as noteworthy because I myself work in the food industry and know how disgusting most places are.

I love love love places like this- they're proud of what they do and they do it fucking well.







No comments:

Post a Comment