Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chocolate 2

Sorry to all my fans out there for not posting anything school related in awhile. My bad....

Our first unit in Pastry 3 was our 2nd chocolate unit. We made bon bons, chocolate candy, some chocolate tiered cake thing, and a chocolate showpiece. I don't know why I don't have many pictures from this unit. I guess there weren't that many exciting pictures to be taken... except for my chocolate showpiece!

Our chocolate showpieces were supposed to be along the theme of "fall". Anyone who knows me well knows that I really want to go turkey hunting at some point. So I made a fall-themed chocolate showpiece around the pursuit of the turkey, the most elusive to bullets yet so widely spotted hunting trophy. They always taunt me with their high-visibility.

Checkity check out the techniques homies! I made a base by pouring chocolate onto a transfer sheet that I had painted with colored cocoa butter to look like a leafy ground. Made a mold for the base of my tree, and then made branches by putting chocolate in a robot coupe and grinding it until it became almost like a paste, then formed branches. Chocolate glued it all together. Piped bark on to it. Made leaves by doing a Doran-patented DOUBLE TRANSFER!: coloring acetate, dropping white chocolate leaves, then covering it with another transfer sheet to get color on both sides. Attached a bunch of leaves to the tree. Made a cardinal, squirrel, and my turkeys out of modeling chocolate. Even made some mushrooms! Gobble gobble gobble!




No comments:

Post a Comment