Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tapioca Pudding with Coconut Cream and Palm-Sugar Syrup

I have finally found a tapioca pudding recipe that both Adam and I like! Adam's favorite desserts are anything with tapioca, rice krispy treats, popsicles, and dessert pizzas. He doesn't like desserts that he deems "healthy"- anything with too much fruit, or whole grains or nuts. He claims I am trying to trick him by adding any of those things. This provides a challenge for me when I want to make something that is interesting and both of us would like.

One of his favorite things to eat is the tapioca pudding from a local restaurant Thai Market. It is light, just sweet enough, and has coconut milk and little bits of coconut in it. Using this as a starting point, I found a recipe on Epicurious that I thought he would like. This is after a couple of tapioca fails, where the pudding was too gooey, too creamy, or too fruity for his developed palate.

So here goes:

I didn't have pandan leaf, so I added a little molasses and vanilla for extra flavor. The pictures aren't that great, but the recipe is for 6 servings, and Adam and I ate it all together in one sitting. It was creamy, light, and delicious!






No comments:

Post a Comment