Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Curry Shortbread w/ Lemongrass Buttercream Sandwich Cookies!

I came across this recipe for curry shortbread while parusing Epicurious the other day.  So instead of cleaning the apartment I decided to experiment with it. 

I decided to throw some jazz in the mix by making a lemongrass buttercream meringue to make little sandwich cookies. I used the recipe we use for meringue buttercreams @ Magnolia (1/4ed) and boiled the sugar syrup with cut lemongrass. It didn't taste very lemongrassy so I have to try something else to impart flavor next time (grinding it and adding it in?). Otherwise, tasty sandwich cookie.  The curry made it taste different, but you couldn't quite pinpoint what it was right away. I'm going to try different spices too- I have made rosemary shortbread before- maybe lavender, cayanne, black pepper, oooooo salt and pepper, hmmmm.





No comments:

Post a Comment