Saturday, February 13, 2010

Nibby buckwheat linzer hearts- for your LOVA

Yoyoyoyoyyoyoyoyoyyo!

I was in a loving, giving and caring mood, so I decided to make some special Valentine's Day cookies! I turned to none other than my current favorite dessert recipe author, Alice Medrich- author of Pure Dessert- and made her Nibby Buckwheat Linzer Hearts. It is essentially a butter shortbread sandwich cookie, made with some buckwheat flour, walnuts, and cocoa nibs, with blackberry jam in between. It produced wafer-thin complex cookies with some dark notes from the buckwheat and nibs (sophistacated!) and all put together, it had just the right proportion of jam to cookie. Not too sweet, either. If you can't tell I hand-cut the hearts in the top cookie. Quaint!

I packaged a couple of them up to give to people. Recognize the crafty art school skills- thanks for paying for my education, parents!




1 comment: